Meet The Vasectomist
Dr Dick Beatty is a full-time Queensland Vasectomy Doctor.
Vasectomy is all he does – five days per week.
In a nutshell, he is a dedicated Vasectomist on a mission to provide the best possible experience.
The driving force behind my practice is that every procedure has to be a good experience.
About our Service
1 in 700
Rate of Failure
1 in 500
Rate of Haematoma
1 in 300
Rate of Infection
The most up-to-date
In contrast, the no-scalpel method gains access to both tubes via a tiny hole at the front of the scrotum that closes itself without skin stitches. Minimal trauma to the tissue means you can return to work and physical activities sooner. Furthermore, rates of bleeding and infection are low.
The open-ended method using stitches requires considerable attention to detail. However, the rate of failure is extremely low.
How is the procedure done?
- A 3mm hole is made through the skin with a special instrument.
- The left tube is gently lifted from the skin to reveal a loop of Vas Deferens (‘tube‘) with its outside layer called ‘fascia.’
- Dissection separates the fascia away from the tube.
- Electrocautery seals the inside lining of the tube at the upper end.
- The tube is now cleanly cut.
- The upper-end slips inside its fascial layer.
- Manipulation of the tube and fascial layer ensures that the ‘stump’ of the upper end is completely covered by fascia.
- The fascia is held in place with an absorbable stitch.
- The tube is released into the sac.
- Steps 3 to 9 are repeated on the right tube – through the same hole.
- As a result, no skin stitches are required.
In this way, No-scalpel and open-ended methods are combined to achieve optimal outcomes and a great patient experience.
What’s it like?
- You are welcome to bring your partner, or fly solo.
- Benefits & small risks are discussed with Dr Beatty.
- Remove your shoes, belt & empty your pockets.
- Take a breath & hop on the couch, your pants & jocks halfway down.
- Warmed antiseptic solutions is applied.
- A sterile drape covers your private area.
- Chat, listen to music or watch TV (Cleveland).
- An ultrafine needle (literally) glides through your skin.
- You will feel some pressure for a few seconds on each side.
- Relax in the knowledge you are in expert hands.
- Hop off the couch, go through the aftercare, and you’re done!
The operation takes around 20 minutes, made up of:
- 3 minutes: preparation, including the use of antiseptic
- 3 minutes: achieving good anaesthesia
- 15 minutes: The procedure itself
Our Main Clinic
Our original Greenslopes (Logan Road) clinic opened in 2018, re-locating to Greenslopes Private Hospital in October 2021. Shortly afterwards, we opened our first Gold Coast clinic. A fourth location opened in Kedron in 2020 & we are delighted to serve Ipswich at our new Springfield location from March 2022.