$440 (with medicare rebate)
- Affordable Expert No-Scalpel open-ended clip-free Vasectomy.
- No separate visit for a consultation with Dr Beatty is required.
- No visit to a GP for a referral letter is required.
- No exrernal Stitches = no aftercare visit.
- In the very unlikely event that the vasectomy needs to be repeated, then it will be repeated at no extra cost.
Price $440 with your medicare rebate:
- A $100 deposit at the time of booking secures your appointment.
- Total is $695 with $595 payable on the day.
- Your Medicare rebate of $255.25 is paid automatically paid into your bank account linked with medicare.
Vasectomy prices vary considerably depending on:
- The experience of the doctor who may be a GP, a Urologist, or dedicated Vasectomist,
- The amount of travel performed by the doctor and the clinic staff, and
- The type of vasectomy performed (No-scalpel without fascial interposition is quicker)
The ‘out of pocket’ cost of $440 ($695 less the medicare rebate) remains well under that of comparable surgical procedures. In 2017, over 5 years ago, the charge was $650. Dr. Dick has done his best to keep charges affordable during the current cost of living crisis.
The price recently increased, but so has the medicare rebate – in fact, the current ‘out of pocket’ amount ($440) is currently slightly lower than it was in 2022 ($443).
Most guys book a vasectomy with the consultation in the same visit.
However, you may book an appointment for consultation separately if you prefer. The pricing for this consultation:
- $100 is paid at the time of your appointment
- You ‘get back’ between $39 and $75 from medicare (depending on the appointment length).
We will refund the deposit for any cancellation > 48 hrs before your procedure.
WHAT IF I DO NOT PROCEED?
Under 5% of men are unsuitable for the procedure (usually for anatomical reasons). You may also decide not to proceed. Either way:
- $100 deposit is refunded
- $155 is charged for the consultation
- You ‘get back’ around $78 from Medicare
What is the Medicare Rebate?
The vasectomy medicare rebate typically increases a little each year.
The rebate is currently $255.25
Can I Claim on Private Health?
You can’t claim on private health, but why? Private health does not generally cover procedures carried out whilst awake in private rooms. Private health can be used for vasectomy requiring Intravenous sedation. Still, expenses are likely to be considerably higher due to gap fees incurred by any or all of the anaesthetist, surgeon and surgical facilities.
Most vasectomies these days are carried out in a private clinic without sedation – with no need to fast, and you can enjoy the rest of your day.
Many partners or wives book their man’s vasectomy appointment. A voucher pre-pays a vasectomy in a presentable gift voucher format.
A voucher is available for men who have already made a clear decision that they wish to get a vasectomy. The doctor discusses vasectomy and alternatives at the consultation just prior to the procedure.
Australian Consumer Law regulates vouchers with a 3 year minimum expiry. We go further because we do not wish your partner to proceed with a medical procedure because of concerns about losing any upfront payment. We, therefore, offer a simple refund at any time before the vasectomy – terms clearly stated on the voucher.
In practice, we would contact you after a few weeks and suggest a refund if no appointment has been made – that way, we are not holding onto your payment, and he can always book later.
You may purchase the voucher here.
The standard terms of the vasectomy voucher are:
- A Medicare rebate of $201 is paid after the procedure into the patient’s bank account.
- Your partner is age >= 30 years,
- OR age >=27 years and fathered a child
- Your partner has clearly indicated to you that they wish to get a vasectomy.
- Full Refund to you if your partner does not wish to make an appointment.
- Full Refund to you if your partner is not suitable for a vasectomy – a separate minimal fee is charged for the consultation-only (the gap fee is around $50).
- Full unconditional refund at any time before the vasectomy.
- Please note that standard booking terms apply with a $100 deduction for cancellation or rescheduling with less than 48 hrs notice.
- The voucher system is a nice touch for couples, but we have to check that your partner has not been coerced into having a vasectomy – sorry we have to put this in, but the obvious does have to be stated!
- Expiry at three years if we have not been able to contact you to arrange a refund.