We are limiting Vasectomy to Vasectomy required for a medical reason. Both you and the doctor will be wearing a surgical mask, and we otherwise follow the physical distancing throughout your visit. The Doctor will also be wearing a Head Visor. We have limited numer of masks and need to prioritise vasectomy to those couples who have a medical condition.
- Pregnancy complications such as Pre-Eclampsia
- Severe gestational diabetes
- Other complications that give you ‘shudders’ at the possibility of your partner going through it again.
When will you re-open?
If there is availability to book online then this means that we are running a normal service and taking every precaution possible as above. Email us to be added to our priority waiting list – we will contact you before appointments are released for online booking.
COVID 19 Vasectomy experience: March 2020
‘The strangest vasectomy you’ll ever have’
Weird, odd, but painless:-)
During March 2020 we implemented the following changes to keep our environment safe from COVID-19:
- Questionnaires printed off and brought to the clinic.
- Appointments were arranged so that you will see only 2 people in the clinic at one time: Dr Dick and his assistant.
- One person in, one person out.
- The waiting room follows the 4m rule – more like 14m – you’re in on your own!
- The practice follows The department of health’s COVID-19 disinfection principles.
- Dr Dick and staff follow the 2m rule except when he is wearing a surgical mask.
- Billing and medicare are performed away from the desk or EFTPOS terminal.
Cleveland: Vasectomy limited to medical reasons.
Greenslopes: Last Vasectomies week of 17 March until post pandemic.
Clayfield: Closed until post-pandemic
Ormeau: Cosed until post-pandemic from early March.
The issues of not performing vasectomy during the pandemic
In the context of The Coronavirus Pandemic and Vasectomy, it is worth mentioning that: